Fort Support Forum

Feature announcements, support and general discussion about Fort

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-04 09:12:19

PnYMaT

Windows SmartScreen Warning

Hi,

When installing Fort, we have always a warning from Windows SmartScreen.

It is possible to sign your package for the next version ? or perhaps, for v2.2 too ?

I do a screenshot here : https://goo.gl/bJiQ8v

Sincerly

#2 2016-12-04 09:17:53

nrosvall
Lead developer
Website

Re: Windows SmartScreen Warning

Yes. It's been planned for some time now, but I just haven't got around to actually do it. Need to buy a certificate first. Buying those is not the most simple process, you need passport and other documents to prove identity.

I'm going to to that for the next version, released probably in early February.

#3 2017-07-17 18:57:00

PnYMaT

nrosvall wrote:

Yes. It's been planned for some time now, but I just haven't got around to actually do it. Need to buy a certificate first. Buying those is not the most simple process, you need passport and other documents to prove identity.

I'm going to to that for the next version, released probably in early February.

Hi, same for this, it will be great. I can't talk about you to my DSI without that :)

#4 2017-09-11 17:31:12

likemedo
Website

help me, my problem same with you. thank you.

#5 2017-09-19 20:47:17

nrosvall
Lead developer
Website

The problem is that the certification costs money and to be honest Fort does not bring me enough money to justify getting a certificate. It would be different situation is users would actually buy licenses, but mostly, from what I know Fort is being pirated around the world. It's really sad, but there's really nothing I can do. I do not want to put in some serious DRM because it would hurt users who actually buy a license.

#6 2017-09-25 18:04:06

quotefix_u

nrosvall wrote:

The problem is that the certification costs money and to be honest Fort does not bring me enough money to justify getting a certificate. It would be different situation is users would actually buy licenses, but mostly, from what I know Fort is being pirated around the world. It's really sad, but there's really nothing I can do. I do not want to put in some serious DRM because it would hurt users who actually buy a license.

Hi nrosvall,

i never saw a cracked Fort-version on relevant crack-websites...sorry, it´s possible , that you make a feint ???

Regards,

quotefix_u / 25Sep2017

#7 2017-09-27 10:08:21

nrosvall
Lead developer
Website

It's not that widely available I guess, but at least piratebay used to have a crack/serial. It does not matter though. I don't really care, I'm just happy for the fact that people are using my program.

There will be new version in the near future!

Board footer